ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS ISN’T SOMETHING THAT JUST HAPPENS. In a study done at Harvard University more than 40 years ago, researchers polled the graduating class of 1953 to find out how many students actually had clearly written specific goals and a plan for achieving them. This being a class of highly intelligent people at one of the world’s most renowned universities, you’d expect the answer to be most of them, right?
Not even close. In fact, only 3 percent of the class had taken the time to write down their goals.
Now here comes the really interesting part. Some 20 years later, researchers polled this same group of graduates to see how they had fared in life. It turned out that the 3 percent who had written down their goals had accumulated more wealth than the other 97 percent of their class combined! Researchers reported that these people also seemed healthier and happier than their classmates.
I was in college when I first heard about this study, and I wondered if achieving your goals could really be that easy. “Put in writing what you want and focus on it daily”? Well, it may not be easy, but over the years I definitely have seen it work.
So here we all are working on the first quarter of the year. Do you have goals? Do you have them written down? Do you have step by step daily things to do to get them done? Have you shared them with others? Are you tracking them? If not, go back and reread this short article above again. Do you want to be in the 97% or the 3%. You get to decide.
Have a great day and enjoy achieving your goals,